Welcome to Senior Center of West Seattle!
March 23, 2020 Update from the Senior Center of West Seattle
At the Senior Center of West Seattle, we’re uniquely qualified to reach out to seniors in our community. Our building in the Junction has been closed since March 6th but we’re still providing essential services of delivering daily lunches, groceries from the West Seattle Food Bank and Meals on Wheels.
We want to continue doing this and need your help. As we make calls and check-in with our members and participants we’re learning what they need from us and we want to be able to fulfill their needs and expand the outreach in to the community.
Here are three ways we’re asking the community to help out:
1. DONATE. So you can help us continue and expand our essential needs programs to seniors in our community. CLICK HERE TO MAKE A SECURE DONATION
2. VOLUNTEER. So you can help us deliver the items seniors are requesting and any other help we may find we need. Please email SCWSVolunteer@soundgenerations.org if you are able to help out (please note: we are asking people 60+ to stay home per the King County Health Department so we’re not accepting applications from anyone over 60 at this time.)
3. CONNECTING US TO SENIORS. Email us at email@example.com or call 206.932.4044 x 1 if you know of a senior who doesn’t have family or friends to help them out. We’ll do our best to connect with them and offer services.
The SCWS will continue to be closed except for essential programs listed below through March 31st following the recommendation from the King County Department of Public Health.
SCWS ESSENTIAL PROGRAM UPDATE
- Community Dining – sack lunches are available between 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Monday through Friday at the Senior Center or they can be delivered. Call 206-932-4044 to get on the list.
- Foodbank distributions on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Meals on Wheels will be delivered as normal on Wednesdays.
- Social Workers are continuing outreach via phone and email.
- Please call the Senior Center at 206-932-4044 if you have questions about these services or know of a senior in need of a meal or outreach.
You can make a donation by clicking on the donate button above or by mailing a check to: SCWS, 4217 SW Oregon St., Seattle, WA 98116.
Thank you for your support!
Our mission is to provide a welcoming, inclusive environment where people can enjoy warm friendships, healthy activities, joyful experiences and meaningful engagement as they age.
Our vision is a West Seattle community where everyone of every age can be supported in their goals for health, wellness and lifelong learning, and stay involved with each other while living their best possible lives.
The Center offers a wide variety of programs, events and activities. Visit the Services or Activities sections above and scroll through the different pages for events, activities, programs and classes. If you’d like to see us offer something not listed, please contact our Program/Activities Coordinator at (206) 932.4044 x.3.
The Center will be closed the following days in observance of holidays:
May 25th in honor of Memorial Day