Safety Information During the Pandemic
Your safety is our top priority. The Senior Center is following the health guidelines from the state and county in all of our decision-making. All the Senior Center’s plans are dependent on how things progress with this unpredictable pandemic, and we will reserve the right to change our plans at any time as needed to keep our members, volunteers and staff safe.
Right now we are offering online/virtual programs and activities, as well as a small number of in-person essential services. All in-person services are by appointment only.
When you visit the Senior Center, please follow these precautions:
- Do not come to the Senior Center if you have any symptoms like fever, cough or difficulty breathing—or if you have recently been around anyone who is sick or has been exposed to COVID-19.
- All members and participants must wear a mask while at the Senior Center of West Seattle. Our staff and volunteers will be wearing them, too.
- All members, staff and volunteers on-site will need to stick to six-foot physical distancing rules.
- All members and participants must register in advance for on-site programs. This helps us ensure we stay within capacity guidelines for our facility. You will need to sign a waiver and answer basic health screening questions before you participate in our programs.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently. Hand sanitizer and disposable gloves will be available throughout the facility.
- The Senior Center is following strict cleaning and safety guidelines from King County and the state to lower risk. Some examples of this include: disinfecting restrooms and high touch surfaces frequently, new HEPA filters in several locations in the facility and plexiglass shields in the reception area, in addition to many other precautions.
- All staff and volunteers will have their temperature taken prior to beginning their shift with a touchless forehead thermometer.
If you have questions or would like more details, please contact us at 206-932-4044 ext.1.