Safety During Our Modified Re-Opening
Your safety is our top priority. The Senior Center is following the phased business re-opening guidelines from the state of Washington and safety procedures from King County in all of our decision-making. All of the Senior Center’s plans are dependent on how things progress with this unpredictable pandemic, and we will reserve the right to change our plans at any time as needed to keep our members, volunteers and staff safe.
Things will be different when you come to the Senior Center:
- Please do not come to the Senior Center if you have any symptoms like fever, cough or difficulty breathing—or if you have recently been around anyone who is sick or has been exposed to COVID-19.
- All members and participants must wear a mask while at the Senior Center of West Seattle. Our staff and volunteers will be wearing them, too.
- All members, staff and volunteers on-site will need to stick to six-foot physical distancing rules.
- All members and participants must register in advance for activities and programs. This helps us ensure we stay within capacity guidelines for our facility. You will need to sign a waiver and answer basic health screening questions before you participate in our programs.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently. Hand sanitizer and disposable gloves will be available throughout the facility.
- The Senior Center is following strict cleaning and safety guidelines from King County and the state to lower risk. Some examples of this include: disinfecting restrooms and frequently touched surfaces hourly, new HEPA filters in several locations in the facility and plexiglass shields in the reception area, in addition to many other precautions.
- All staff and volunteers will have their temperature taken prior to beginning their shift with a touchless forehead thermometer.
If you have questions or would like more details, please contact us at 206-932-4044.